Sucrosomial® magnesium, with high absorption and excellent tolerability
SideMag is a formulation containing Sucrosomial® Magnesium and based on Magnesium Oxide, offering high absorption and excellent organoleptic properties.
The properties of magnesium are well known: it is one of the most important macro-elements for human well-being, playing an essential role in many cell reactions and metabolic processes. Magnesium is in fact responsible for over 600 enzymatic reactions and is a fundamental element for the well-being of the muscle and nervous systems.
The homoeostasis of magnesium in the body is controlled by the dynamic interaction between intestinal absorption, the exchange with bones and renal excretion, which controls its final concentration in the blood. Magnesium is absorbed mainly (around 40-50%) in the small intestines, but the presence of other components, including phytates, calcium, phosphorous and long-chain fatty acids, can reduce its absorption.
The recommended daily intake is 375 mg, but its use is often associated to gastrointestinal problems, including nausea, diarrhoea and laxative effects.
SideMag is a new source of Sucrosomial® Magnesium, developed from sources of magnesium oxide.
With the application of Sucrosomial® Technology developed by Alesco, the magnesium oxide in SideMag passes through the acid gastric environment unaltered, and without irritating the intestinal mucosa it is absorbed and then released.
Health claims approved by the EFSA relating to magnesium intake:
- “Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue”
- “Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function”
- “Magnesium contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism”
- “Magnesium contributes to electrolyte balance”
- “Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis”
- “Magnesium contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system”
- “Magnesium contributes to normal psychological function”
- “Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth”
- “Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones”
| || |